Full bodied, extra virgin olive oil has a powerful flavor but is smooth and sweet, with no bitterness or acrid after taste. It is always first cold pressed producing an oil that is light in texture with a moderate flavor intensity.
Pure extra virgin olive oil:
- is rich in monounsaturated fats
- has a healthy balance between omega 6 fats and omega 3 fats
- lowers blood sugar levels and blood pressure
- lowers cholesterol levels in the blood
- can be used for cooking and in salad dressings
- is often used in skin care products
Our extra virgin olive oils are produced by small farms, or imported by distributors, that implement rigorous quality control systems in the production process. In addition to being SQF (Safe Quality Food) Level 2 (Food Safety) certified, every one of our products is thoroughly tested and guaranteed to meet strict IOC (International Olive Council) quality standards and even higher internal standards for freshness and taste.